If your business requires that you do a lot of faxing, than taking your beat up fax machine that you have had for years to the dump and considering switching to online faxing via the internet can be a great idea. If you have a busy life and a busy business faxing via the internet can be very useful. However it is important to understand that there are some negatives about faxing via the internet.
You must look over both the advantages and disadvantages to decide whether online faxing is right for your business. Be informed before you decide what is best for you!
- One of the most obvious advantages of faxing information via the internet is how much time it saves you. An online fax via the internet will be received by the recipient quicker than if you were to send it via a phone line, and you don’t have to take the time to worry about being stocked up on paper and that your fax machine is running properly. You don’t even have to worry about filling out cover sheets.
- Setting up a monthly membership to send faxes via the internet can also be much more cost efficient. You will save on the extra phone line that the fax machine would be using, the cost on fax machine repairs, and on paper.
- Faxing via the internet is also efficient in that it helps keep you organized as you don’t have to worry about space for your fax machine, a spot for the various faxes coming out on paper, and faxing via the internet usually sends it straight to the email address it needs to go to, so you don’t have to worry about getting the fax to the right individual or filing it.
- Although online faxing has many advantages, you may be risking you privacy. People can easily hack into email accounts and see private information that maybe on your faxes, which could result in identity fraud. So if you are sending important documents, with private information, this may be something to think about.
- Faxing via the internet my also lack services that your fax machine and phone line provided you with. This is because using a fax machine provides you with extra services and let’s you send documents via fax in many different ways.
- Something else to take into account is that you will need to already have or purchase a scanner if you are going to be sending hard copy documents. A scanner is likely to need repairs and room just like a fax machine would.
There are both benefits and flaws of faxing via the internet; it can be a great advantage to some, but maybe a pain to others. It is important to be well informed and look into the factors of faxing via the internet before you decide to set up an online faxing membership.